Wednesday, November 22, 2006

XML

Everyone probably already knows about my obsession with LibraryThing. I just love LibraryThing. Anyway, it's such a pain to keep checking those pesky postings on the groups and then it's so disappointing when no one writes anything. Soooo, I tried doing the RSS, which I have managed elsewhere. Unfortunately, I seem to be RRS*. Anyway, I then tried the XML button. Ooooo! Up came a prompt asking me which aggravator (or whatever it is) I wanted to use and I picked Bloglines from the list and hit subscribe. I think I had to do it on another page (which gave me too many options on how it should look in Bloglines, such as, do I want it to pop up on my mobile? Feh!), but then Presto! I now have a whole list of things to look at in one glance on Bloglines instead of a lot of little things to check. Which is just as well because no one yet has posted anything. (B******s!!!! Who do they think they are?! I need entertainment! New book recommendations! Where's my fix!?!?!)
And this just goes to show ... ? Well, it shows that the more you get involved on the internet (horrors!), the more you need to aggregate your ... poo.


*Really, really stupid

No comments: