Thursday, November 16, 2006

Firefox Is

... spellchecking my work in these text-boxes! I tried it in LibraryThing and got the same dotted red lines under questionable words, such as spellchecking and LibraryThing here. Nice built-in. Also, there are two tabs above so that I can toggle from one window to another (keeping the search screen for GCL available at all times), a feature that is more confusing on these new computers. You can have seven internet sites open at once and it's all the same button below with a number (7) next to it. Sorry, Mr. Gates, but that idea blows.
By the way, I discovered a couple of nights ago that Dan Savage has a podcast of his sex advice column ("Savage Love") available now. Of course, I don't listen to it here, but I just love his work. I recommend his book, The Commitment, to anyone who has questions about same-sex marriage. Even Savage resisted the idea. Watch Dan react when his adopted son tells him he wants to be gay when he grows up. Hoo hoo!
Oh, if you're interested in his podcast, find it yourself. But be prepared to hear the f-word a lot.

No comments: