Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Whee! Marf Learns Something New!

Susan rose to my level this afternoon to show me how to update the calendar etc. on our website! OOooooOOoooo! How very exciting! I had, in fact, learned enough from the sort of stuff I've been doing so that it wasn't very scary. In fact, I barely took a page of notes. I was updating our schedule for the winter/spring and was able to use that info on the calendar and on our events page. I just added the new stuff, not taking away the old. I can do that in January! She showed me how to add little clip-arts and everything! Whee! I finally feel as if I have accomplished something on the computer! Something actually and directly useful to my job.
Ohhh, I know, this will all be useful eventually when our community gets into the swing of 2.0, but in the meantime I feel like a fossil floating around all these young people who seem to be out for only one thing! I don't think there's anyone close to my age on Facebook other than Robin.
And Bob now has more "friends" than I do on MySpace. Grr! (Shakes clenched fist in a threatening manner.) sigh.
I finally got a stream from "GWBH Morning Stories." Oh, I had a connection, but I've been waiting so long for a new story to come along. Luckily I now have these fabulous headphones back here! Stay tuned about "Morning Stories."

Something people seem to be missing is that we should be commenting on each other's blogs. They need to get good and messy with comments and replies, etc. I know you all (well, not all - you know who you are) are reading these because you tell me when you see me. Well, send a note! I've tried to drop some comments on some posts. We gotta getta dialog, goin' here, people!

No comments: