Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Podscope/ShelfMonkey

I looked briefly at podscope.com today. Man, I don't even know where to start with that! I was totally unprepared to play with it. It would never occur to me to make podcasts searchable! (Hmm, Mozilla no like "searchable.") I subscribe to two podcasts. It seems to search individual podcasts (their notes anyway). I might like to find other podcasts (I can't spell podcast without starting with "pos-") on topics that interested me. Right now I'm just subscribing to podcasts by people I know and like. I suppose I could do that with this.
By the way, if you haven't heard John Coulton's songs, "Code Monkey" and the one about the zombies, I have attached a link to the NPR site. He does a cover of "Baby Got Back," as a ballad, which is an hysterical concept, but I don't need to listen to the whole thing again. From the NPR site there is a link to YouTube where people have posted videos they've made to "Code Monkey." The one that looks like a girl in her dorm room is the best. I know you can probably fit "The Matrix" and "A Clockwork Orange" to any song if you edit it well, so I'm not that impressed. The one with the nerdy guy is endearing and he should be able to get his leg over (is that one word?) on the strength of it, but I still go for the first one which claims to be a dance, but is more a mime.
God, I love NPR. I'd be totally out of the loop otherwise.

No comments: