Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Phew! I did it!

This mp3 was heck. Why, it has taken almost a half an hour to figure out how to use it, download an audiobook from our collection, and get it playing. Okay, maybe that doesn't seem like that long a time to go from soup to nuts ... but it doesn't take into account the general frustration.
Sooooo, here are some hints for those who come after me. Read the page on NetLibrary before starting. That would have simplified the process for me.
Okay, you have your mp3 player. So, you hook it up to the USB port. It was on. I think. I had to find something to listen to, and I wanted something short to make sure I could download it. So I searched for "juvenile" on audiobook. Then I scrolled down until I found one that looked short.
Checking out is easy. You press a button and you're checked out. But, you have to click to actually download it and you need to remember to save it somewhere you can find it again. Before you can move it to the mp3 player you have to open it in your media player. This is what gives the license, the permission to send it to the mp3 player. It won't let you otherwise, no matter how much you yell at the computer.
So this is the drill:
1. check out
2. download/save where you can find it
3. open it in the media player (and then stop it from playing)
4. move it to the mp3 player.

No comments: