Monday, November 12, 2007

Took Six Months Off Of My Life!

But maybe with the proper warning, it won't harm your life expectancy.
Jott is supposed to make your life easier. Missy can tell you that I need help when it comes to texting/text messaging/SMSing/TMing. She watched me try to contact Bob on my cell phone in the car on the way back from SCLA and is probably still laughing.
Laugh no more, Missy! A text message from me is just a cell phone call away! Well, at least now that I've set it all up ...
What Jott does is allow you to speak your message and then it uses some space-age technology to transcribe that (better than the closed captioning on tv news shows, I hope) and send it to the cell phone and/or e-mail address of your choosing.
So now when I want to contact Bob, all I do is pick up my cell phone, turn it on (because it's never on), squeeze the voice command button, say "Name Dial," then "Jott," and then when Jott answers, say "Bob" and then give my message in my clear, Mid-Atlantic accent. Jott tells me "Got it!" and I can snap that puppy closed. In a minute or so, Bob's cell will ring and he will have a nicely typed text message with punctuation (thanks for the tip on doing that by hand, Sarah and Missy) and everything. A back-up e-mail goes to his account.
Bren listened to me say naughty words as I was setting up the account. I wanted to be able to Jott to my Twitter account as well (because one can) and I couldn't see how to do it. It was very frustrating only because I'm a poo-poo head. The "add" link was on the left, but in very tiny letters. Well, all those letters look tiny to me these days. Why don't they make the buttons on cell phones bigger? Why don't those young whipper-snappers speak up? Ahem. Sorry.

No comments: