Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Me, Neither


So, I got this email from Picnik. Remember Picnik? Me neither, but apparently I have an account to use to fiddle with photos online through them. They were encouraging me to get the jump on my holiday greetings with their free tools (there are premium tools as well, but we all know what a tightwad I am - it nearly killed me to go pro with Flickr, but it was that or lose a whole bunch of photos that had been in my Photos account with Yahoo). So, I nipped over there and constructed the above greeting from one of my Flickr photos.
Picnik graciously accessed my Flickr account (with my permish, of course), I chose a photo (okay, it's just a screenshot of an avatar - give me a break!), and gave it a frame and some text. I was able to save that to Flickr, and also post it to Facebook, in the photos there and to my news feed, to alarm my visitors (both of them) to that site.
They added some "holiday" fonts for the text and I could choose about any two colors I wanted in the frame, but apparently lots more is available if you pony up for the premium. Somewhere in the nether reaches of this blog I may have reviewed Picnik before, (sings) but I don't remember where or whennnnnn. So, I have no memory of what I thought of it. I had to check. I clicked on the tag (they call them "labels" here at Blogger) "photo" and, sure as shootin', it came up. Picnik won out in a head-to-head with Fauxto, which is now ... something else ... ah, there it is, it's called Splashup now.
Oh, and I'm not ready for the holidays, either.

No comments: