Thursday, November 29, 2007

Photobucket (some people pronounce it "boo-kay")

It's been a long time since I've used my Photobucket account. I had made a slideshow a while back, but couldn't find it when I visited today. There are more types of "themes" than I remember. I think I just needed something to embed somewhere and didn't look farther than that. I looked at the Neverland theme, because it seemed appropriate to my old Second Life photos, but it was just an icky border with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell staring back at you. I looked at some others but in the end I think I used the same one I had last time.


I like this one because it shows the titles I carefully (I thought "carefully" - I just saw one of them and wondered what I really meant) added to each of these photos because it doesn't take those added previously. Flickr uses whatever label you put on them, either stamped from your camera, or added afterwards, as a default, which you can change later. In Photobucket you get a thumbnail and that's it. But the embeddable slideshow is pretty cool. I haven't added music because I can't really listen to it where I am right now (and I find music can be annoying when it shows up everywhere). These Photobucket slideshows are limited in size, unlike the Flickr ones that can be ginormous, but they are just for viewing the photos, not tarting them up with fancy visuals or sound. There are several other online programs that can do a fancy slideshow, such as Scrapblog and Animoto, which I've blogged about below. Photobucket can load a slideshow directly to MySpace, if you're into that.

No comments: