Thursday, February 22, 2007

And You Thought I Was So Smart

Okay, I feel silly. I just spent the last five minutes teaching myself to make a linking tag by hand and I noticed that there is a button for it right on this text box. Example: do any of you read the library strip Unshelved? All I did was type in "unshelved" and highlight it. Then I clicked on the teeny icon of the green globe with the blurry thing that's actually chain link but it's so hard to tell at that size. It looks more like two horseshoe magnets. From there you get a prompt for the url (http etc.) which I was at least clever enough to copy from the website before I started.
I did feel like rather an idiot when I bothered to look up a book on creating web pages, search through it for the html bits I wanted, and practiced it on one of the earlier blogs (WebJunction and Spanish Outreach). Then when I started a new post and saw the icon and felt a right dickey-doo-dah.
I can still use the info on other sites that don't have this nifty button, but I'll have to practice or I'll forget how to do this by Sunday. I'd gotten really good at using html for italics and then I didn't do it for a while and suddenly I have to think about it.

No comments: