Friday, February 16, 2007

WebJunction and Spanish Outreach


I was just wasting ti- I mean, I was checking my professional feeds on bloglines this morning when a new one came up for LibraryTrax (the SC State Library blog) that linked to the updated WebJunction site, a site for library staff. Hot dog! Or, rather, perro caliente! They have a whole section on Spanish Outreach and what amounts to a "short" course (less than an hour) on Spanish for library use. There's mucho mas. Like, dealing with Spanish speakers at the computer. I'm at the CR desk right now, so I can't really investigate it thoroughly (as I'll need sound and ... oh,yeah, I need to be alert to customer interaction, if one comes in today - Heavens, it's been slow) at the moment. Visit the site yourself (link is above in the title). I'll give it a look-see perhaps this afternoon (once I get my programming for next week under control) and report back!

No comments: