Tuesday, March 17, 2009

[Insert epithet here]

The Franchise Babe: A Novel The Franchise Babe: A Novel by Dan Jenkins


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
It looked to me from the cover (as pictured) that they were trying to appeal to the sort of readers that like Carl Hiaasen or Tom/Tim/Jim Whatsis* - the Florida mystery guys. And who would that be, marfita? Oh, you know - Guys.

There isn't much of a mystery - that's more of an aside really. The story (and real mystery) is about how Dan Jenkins can get away with being deliberately politically incorrect by having his First Person spouting as much Republican WASP Country Club rhetoric passing as humor while the love interest winces, but still loves him.

I recommend this to anyone WITH a six-figure income, a three-car garage, and a country club membership or for someone who is HOPING for that life. You'll be absofrickinlootly delighted.

You know what I thought the best part was? The final golf tournament. And, you know what? I hate golf. It was genuinely exciting and I was really pulling for the vapid teenager.




View all my reviews.

* I meant Tim Dorsey, just actually forgot his name. Usually enjoy his books as well as Hiaasen's, although I might like Hiaasen's a teensy bit better.

No comments: