Sunday, July 08, 2007

ISTE Social


ISTE-SL members sit around the campfire while Lludmila sets fire to her pants with a flaming marshmallow

I don't recall, but I think the cat was supposed to put the fire out. I've already tried using cats to put out fires at my house and I know from experience that it does not work. I think, though, it was kindly meant. The social was a chance to show off pets (and flaming confections) and for some to discuss the NECC conference. Boring. cnyreject (that's a name and no it isn't capitalized) provided some fireworks for us. We all turned our sun to night so they'd show up better.

Most of the people at ISTE know each other already and it's hard to get to know them. Some are friendlier than others, but the surefire way to get someone there to talk to is to find someone new who's lost. I found mine at Info Island walking around with ISTE Member over her head. Heh-heh!

Fireworks provided by cnyreject, with the campfire in the corner

No comments: