Sunday, July 08, 2007

Chichen Itza

LludiKris explores Chichen Itza in SecondLife as a Mayan Warrior
Sorry I haven't been posting lately, but I've been back at work and very, very tired. But not so tired that I can't sit in front of a computer and get bloodshot eyes finding more and more treasures to investigate in SecondLife.
Fellow librarian 50winx recommended the Chichen Itza sim to me and it was well worth an extended visit. First of all, you get these cool costumes: Mayan Warrior and Mayan Princess in full regalia! I liked the warrior costume best and I think it suits Kris, don't you? Shows off his tattoo nicely. The butterfly that usually gives the flying audio tour was not available so Kris and Lludmila actually had to walk around. Next time I might click on the info posts, but there was just too much to look at: pyramid, shaman's huts, sacrificial pool, tropical landscaping, village of gifte shoppes, and outdoor bar and dance flo- Is this place run by the Mexican tourism board or what?

Lludmila shows too much thigh as she admires the waterfall at Chichen Itza

Chichen Itza is just one of the high quality sims with educational (as well as entertainment) content in SecondLife. Also, there's no language barrier, bugs (well, there was a spider dangling down), amoebic dysentery ... what's not to like?

No comments: