Wednesday, January 07, 2009

On the Lighter Side ...


The Roly Poly Spider by Jill Sardegna


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I have to review this book because I don't want people to think I go around looking for things (books, people, just ... things) that annoy me so I can excoriate them on the web. I do, I just don't want you to think that's all I do.

There are some books I like, really like, and this is one of them. I just used it today in a storytime and, as per usual, it went over great. I love it, kids love it, the rest of you can go soak your heads.

What is not to like about this book? First of all, you can pair it with the fingerplay "Eensy-Weensy Spider" (don't try to tell me it's "itsy-bitsy" - my mommy was never wrong) and if you sing the book, it scans perfectly. It's gross, it's funny, and I love Tedd Arnold's illustrations.

What did I learn from this book? Well, the lesson therein that I share with all the children is: "We Don't Eat Our Friends." 'Nuff said. Always keep a copy of this on hand. I do.


View all my reviews.

No comments: