Friday, January 09, 2009

Lookybook

I read about this website in the December School Library Journal and thought I'd take a look at it, having just recently reviewed some children's books on Goodreads (and here, of course, but more on Goodreads). I thought, "Oh, goody! A site that will let someone page through books and look at the illustrations!" but within seconds I was disappointed that two worthy author/illustrators were not on their list. /me goes all frowny-face. I know they can't have every author or illustrator listed (and they do have some great ones), but no Tedd Arnold?! Gah! How can I wax eloquent on the fun illustrations in The Roly-Poly Spider? There are currently only about 300 titles available. I might wait a while for the list to grow before using this website.

In the meantime, though, is this cool or is this cool? ...






As of April, Lookybook is no more. :(

No comments: