Friday, September 21, 2007

last.fm

I'd discovered last.fm on my own (somehow) ages ago and have had a page and a playlist. In fact, I've been whining about the last.fm widget in previous posts and wound up having to put it way at the bottom of the page where it would fit without encroaching on me blog! Yarr! (Leftover from Talk Like a Pirate Day.)
I posted a Second Life photo of me on my last.fm profile and have listened to some folk and classical music, hitting the I love this and I hate this buttons as necessary to build a playlist. Later, after a dancing engagement with an avatar originating in England in a Second Life club, I remembered how much I enjoy big band music and added some Louis Jordan (CaldonYA, CaldonYA! What makes yo' big head so hard?) and Benny Goodman and Louis Prima. Unfortunately, because my husband is often hard at work behind me, I am not always able to listen to music while on the computer. The computer speakers supply lousy sound anyway. I've looked for opera on last.fm but haven't found any. Lucky to find some Mozart!
Last.fm is also a social network where you can share with friends. I put up a notice about Bob's upcoming gig at the O.N.E. music festival that will be at the Greenwood Fairgrounds. Which reminds me, I'll have to update that info. He'll only be playing on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 9 pm, which frees up our Sunday to attend an Oktoberfest!

No comments: