Friday, June 22, 2007

"Why Aren't We in SecondLife?" I Hear You Ask

Okay, maybe I'm the only one who wondered about that. Other libraries are putting up shingles and have storefront presences. And I was not necessarily thinking about our own library. We are in enough places, perhaps, on Flickr and MySpace, and we have a blog. There's no reason for our library to be as scattered on 2.0 as I am. But, shouldn't someone from South Carolina be there?
Well, they are. I met an avatar today who made some off-hand remark about South Carolina and I perked up. "Who's from SC? I'm from SC!" - except I don't have italics in SL chat. We chatted a bit. He invited me to join a Palmetto Librarians group (!!!). After lunch I ran into him again and he asked if I'd seen their library in Cybrary City. As soon as I agreed, he vanished in a puff of stardust (as one does here). I waited a little bit and then he sent me a tp to join him. And this is what he showed me:
The South Carolina State Library in SecondLife, Cybrary City.
Interior of the State Library. Lludmila thinks, "Today SC, tomorrow, The World!"

They are looking for input in this area. Why didn't I know about this? Are they waiting until SCLA to make a big announcement? I must plumb the depths of this conundrum. In the meantime, he has something else to show me! Lead on, Macduff!
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cybrary%20City/41/37/23


No comments: