Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm Off the Opiates Now

I was having hallucinations in Real Life, so I've stopped the prescription painkillers and gone over-the-counter. Phew! There's nothing wrong with these opiates when you are in pain, but the minute it starts letting up, throw them away! I had trouble differentiating between dream and reality, chat and IM (which could lead to embarrassing moments - Sorry, Kasia!), and was having tactile hallucinations - feeling things that weren't there.
And now that it's out of my system, I go back and look at my blog and ... oh, my. I'll leave it in. It's not the content, it's the execution. I was repetitive and obtuse. I apologise. Perhaps I should go back to cartoons. From now on, all misuses of the English language are the results of carelessness rather than drugs. My bad!
Anyway, Kasia and I staggered around Book Island and above we are trying to figure out what in the name of Yehudi Menuhin (whose quote hangs over my desk at home, just below one from Protagoras) is "Mind Space"?! Book Island looks to be a very nice place for a group conversation and I think the owners said they had Voice available in some parts. I crashed twice, at least, while I was there.
Of course, I crashed seconds after arriving in Thothica this morning. Nice touch, waterfall ending in flames!

No comments: