Sunday, June 17, 2007

I Just Love Being a Humanist!

Lludmila contemplates the somewhat scary entrance to Sploland
I cannot begin to tell you about this week's Humanism Field Trip. We've had some winners in the past (the Star Trek Science Museum for one), but the fun never stopped at Sploland. A herniation from the actual museum, Exploratorium, into the SecondLife dimension by way of Oppositeland, the exhibits parody known puzzles, exhibits, and ... erm, other things non-scientific. The chat box was not big enough to hold all my laughter. Outside the museum there is even more: explore a sunken ship and sealife, bellydance on the molecular dancefloor, and get yourself blown out of a cannon! Too soon the call came from our Fearless Leader to return to the Roma gardens to discuss ... I dunno, I forget. I'm still laughing.

Use the telescope to view the "black hole" (yes, that's the black disc in front of it - no, it's not the big ball of twine), bounce sideways off the trampoline on the wall, and see a face in the toast popping out of the toaster in the background (in the background ... is it Jesus? Mary? No! It's Albert Einstein! Funny what people see in things).

No comments: