Friday, April 10, 2009

Death In the Family

A Dirty Job A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
Rather a thick book for Moore, I thought. I picked this up because I like Pratchett's character of Death and wondered what Moore would do with it. What he does is totally different, in some ways, but when you get down to it, it's still someone who separates souls from the bodies of the dead. Charlie Asher is just more a recycler. Despite the portents of the Doom of the Age of Mankind, the underworld creatures are wonderful characters and delightfully dim. Their dimness takes much of the scariness away, and that's fine with me. I was drawn quickly into the story and stayed up a couple of nights reading.

As for the Luminatus - well, I don't think that was very surprising, if indeed it was supposed to be.


View all my reviews.

No comments: