Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And That's the Truth! (phhhhbbblllllt!)

Truer Than True Romance: Classic Love Comics Retold! Truer Than True Romance: Classic Love Comics Retold! by Jeanne Martinet


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
Whatta great scam! Take the old True Romance comics you read as a child that ruined your prospects for happiness by setting up unrealistic expectations in the romance department and, using the same artwork, totally rewrite them! This merited some actual guffaws! And that was just from the original material that was provided for the contrast! I mean, it took me several minutes to get it through my thick head that "NY Restaurant Menu Typist" was a career in the original, not the parody!
Ahhh, this really took the bad taste out of my mouth from the previous graphic graphic novels!


View all my reviews.

No comments: