Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Latest Addiction

I've tweeted on Twitter, I've Plurked, I've Pownced and I've tried to aggravate/aggregate/whatever them into FriendFeed or Plaxo and from there to Facebook so I'm not stretched flatter'n a 'possum on I-75, but not until I ran across Swurl from a comment by a Plurker (I can just see y'all wincing out there) did I really fall in love. I have no use for this thing, but gosh and by golly it's beautiful! Notice how much better I'm getting at profile pictures ... well, artier anyway.
This is by far the prettiest of the Swurl pages. There are two others, one for my feeds and another for the feeds from my friends - and boyoboy is there a long list of friends/contacts! I linked up with just about everything I had and it found my contacts on each one and then matched them up to the contacts' other pages on other sites. That looks to be a bit much, but I can also click on just the Swurl link for someone and look at that, or just the Flickr link for them and peer at that. So, if I were limited to a quick peek at just one site, I think this would be it.
There is also a way to comment on any of the entries, even my own. And off to the right is a space for "conversations," which I haven't had yet. I've only had time to put comments on two things so far.

Just look at the timeline above! It's a mosaic of the content that I've added to mini-blogs and Flickr and YouTube. /me just swoooooons. /me also comes to the conclusion that she spends far too much time on Second Life.

No comments: