Monday, June 02, 2008

I Lied Back There in February

Just when even I thought I'd had enough, I add to my list. I have been using Twitter for mini-blogging (just random thoughts or things I've done here at work that I will soon look at for my May monthly report to my super), but lately Twitter has been crashing and showing us all that cute picture of the tiny birds hefting a whale in a net. I love Twitter. I love the name, I love the vocab in general (on Twitter you post a "tweet" and the other people who post are called "twits" ... at least by me). There are associate applications such as Twirl and Twubble. But if you want to post a photo, instead of just a link, you have to go to TwitPic.
FriendFeed outpaced them. Like Plaxo, you can feed other mini-blogs, photoshares, bookmarks but you can also mini-blog on FriendFeed. Sooo, I started shifting slowly over there. Then I noticed that there's another mini-blog on the block and I'm trying it out. It's called Plurk, and the name and the logo are about the creepiest around. BUT, and it's a big "but" as you can see, BUT you can add photos and videos. I, of course, added Bob's latest latest video (he has two new ones now). I've noticed some other people making noises (on Twitter) about Plurk. Plurk has a timeline style. I'll see how it goes as it fills up with the thous- um, hun- um, several contacts I have. I had to unsubscribed from a contact on FriendFeed because I got feeds from his friends as well and he was already a power user of Twitter and FriendFeed. I couldn't find posts from anyone else!
If you visit Plurk, I apologise about the logo. It's a cartoon drawing of a headless dog with a bone sticking out where its head should be and its tail wagging. You have been warned. I just think it's creepy. The drawing of the vicious cat is okay though. I mean, that's fair comment.
If Twitter can't get its act together (it's painfully slow even when it is running and not all its features are working), I will probably have to move, but it will be with a heavy heart.

No comments: