Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Only 47?

47 Rules of Highly Effective Bank Robbers47 Rules of Highly Effective Bank Robbers by Troy Cook

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The title captivated me and once I got beyond the gore, the senseless violence, the incest, the anti-social behavior, the "guy humor" - I relaxed and enjoyed the story.  It was a quick read.  Tara was raised by her father to be a bank robber.  One of those 47 rules is No Crying because she blubbed after accidentally shooting him in the foot.  Tara needs excitement in her life, and so does Max, the son of a local sheriff.  Max doesn't need Tara's help to get in trouble, but he decides having her in the mix adds spice to life.  Unfortunately, her father doesn't approve of her choice in men - ever.  The book is peppered with unforgettable characters (whose names escape me at the moment, but names were never my strong suit) on both sides of the law.  Cook toys with the concept of good and evil, so don't expect any black and white distinctions here.  You have good cops and bad, and good bank robbers and bad, good psychos and really, really bad ones.  You want to root for the robbers, but if you're like me, you feel guilty about it. 



View all my reviews

No comments: