Monday, September 01, 2008

OMG! If only I had something to say!


Last night I was going to check Twitter one more time (for some reason I didn't have my TweetDeck up - the TweetDeck allows me to arrange my twitty friend's posts in categories so I don't miss those direct ones and @malburns doesn't hide everyone else's tweets under a pile of his very useful and interesting links) when I saw again that someone was streaming live. It was @malburns. I know other "twits" who stream video live, for whatever reason, on the internet but when I went there, it looked like I had to be signed in to even see it and I didn't want to bother and didn't see the point, yadda-yaddah. What was different about last night, I don't know. Maybe it was that it was Mal and I've "met" him in Second Life at the BlogHer Conference and I pay so much attention to the links he posts on Twitter - I don't know. I clicked on that link as well and almost instantly I was seeing him trying to set-up a co-host, Tara. They were musing that no one else was watching. I immediately signed up and in two minutes I was logged in and was able to comment. I now have my feet wet in this live video streaming watching wheeze.
This morning, though, the message from Ustream.Tv was in my mailbox trying to tell me how easy it was to have my own internet broadcast. Ho ho ho.
Ho ho - oh, dear. I have an account now. I have a video camera (okay, I bought one for Bob to do videos of his guitar work - I have access to a video camera). I had thought I needed one of those special cameras and that it would be beyond my capabilities to ...
Now if only I had something to say!
It's not enough that no one reads my blogs (okay, some of you do), I want no one watching my broadcasts as well! But what do I do? My husband suggested a puppet show. Well, I mentally checked with all my puppets and they said they didn't know what to say either. While I realize that this hasn't stopped anyone else on the internet from posting anything, I do really feel I can't just do nuthin' and broadcast it.
Perhaps our library needs a storytime broadcast ... Hmmmmmmm. I see copyright problems with that. This sounds like a question for Carrie, the copyright maven in School Library Journal. Purpose of use of picture books or their stories: nonprofit and educational, but nature of work: published (some of it) and amount of work used: whole thing. Possible effect on market? Hmmmm. /me thinks back to former first lady of our state reading entire books on public radio and purses lips. It would be a live stream, not a recording. This is getting complicated.
Maybe I should just take my clothes off. People would "tune in" for that.

No comments: