Saturday, February 23, 2008

Just When You Thought ...

Finish the sentence as you like. (... you had all the social networking you needed; ... the internet was driving you crazy; ... the internet was driving Marf crazy ...)
Are you troubled by too many social networks to post to? Do you spend all your time making the same boring posts to Twitter, jaiku, Pownce, Facebook, plaxo, tumblr, (deep breath) Frazr, beemood, meemi, gozub, mumpa, (inhale) MexicoDiario, feecle*, fanfou.com? Me neither. But for those who do! there is an answer! There is HelloTxt!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not rushing to sign up for this. Yes, I subscribe to Twitter (very handy for keeping track of what I'm doing for the monthly reports - "Oh, right! I did that special storytime in December!" - and recording amusing but brief anecdotes "Child goes into puppet theatre, picks up puppet and says, Git outta mah house, bitch!") ... and Facebook and plaxo, but Twitter already automatically feeds into Plaxo and I've embedded Twitter into this blog. You know, at some time I have to stop! No, really. No, I know you don't believe me. I'm not going to do it. Not even to find out what "feecle" could possibly be. It boggles the mind, of course. But I'll find some other way to figure out what it is.

*It's a Japanese site, like Twitter, I think. I had to make sure that it was what it was and I wasn't misreading the logo. All of these seem to be similar to Twitter - many in different languages as you can see if you click on the links. I didn't find mumpa.

No comments: