Saturday, December 29, 2007

Serendipity

While wrangling with a problem in Scrapblog, I discovered another social site that amused me. It's called Catster. It's for cat owners to share stories and photos about their pets. There is also a companion site called Dogster (ew!). For those of us for whom pets are our children, this would be great fun. They have groups and little gift buttons (to give someone else's pet a virtual treat) and generally they are like Facebooks for pets. Of course, Facebook has some applications that are actual pet Facebooks (I've also registered Yseult and Collage for Catbook), but I get bored with these things quickly and feel the need to move on to fresher meat. The site is highly commercial, unlike Facebook, so it's more like MySpace. MySpace doesn't have a Catspace application that I'm aware of.
I wish I could tell you more about Catster, but actually I ran across it about 2 am and barely had enough energy to fill in profiles on all cats present and past. Now I have this major luggage labeled LV all over under my eyes.
I've added a Catster button for Yseult on this page. Show your pets you love 'em!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Do not disrespect the dogs. They are much better than cats. :o)

marfita said...

I've seen your dog, and my cats can LICK your dog!